04/16/2019Return to view all job openings
The National Research and Training Center on Blindness and Low Vision (NRTC) at Mississippi State University is seeking a dynamic person to join our team. The mission of the NRTC is to enhance employment and independent living outcomes for individuals who are blind or visually impaired through research, training, education, and dissemination. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic candidate to help us implement new training and technical assistance activities and disseminate research results.
The rehabilitation training and outreach specialist will assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive research-to-practice training and technical assistance program related to blindness and low vision rehabilitation. Specific duties include providing requested technical assistance (in-person, by phone and by email); developing web-based technical assistance content; providing training at workshops, conferences, and in college classes; marketing of training activities to external organizations; assisting with research projects, including the development of written products and peer-reviewed publications; and developing curriculum.
Minimum qualifications are:
· Master’s degree in rehabilitation counseling, vision rehabilitation therapy/ rehabilitation teaching, orientation & mobility, special education, or a related field
· At least three years of experience working directly with individuals with vision loss
· Excellent communication, technical writing, and interpersonal skills
Preferred qualifications are:
· Experience working for a state vocational rehabilitation agency
· Experience as a vocational rehabilitation counselor
· Certification or licensure in at least one rehabilitation-related area
· Business development experience
· Experience presenting to groups of people
· Knowledge about assistive technology used by individuals with visual impairments
· Ability to develop and implement training evaluations
· Expertise with a variety of software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation platforms
Cert: Any Certification
If you are interested in helping the NRTC accomplish its mission, please apply for the position at Mississippi State University’s website: explore.msujobs.msstate.edu, PARF Number 498389 (Job Title: Research Associate II/III/Senior; Area of Specialization: Rehabilitation Training & Outreach Specialist). Please also submit a letter of application, resume or curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for at least three references to Michele McDonnall at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Michele McDonnall at 662-325-2001 if you have questions. View the NRTC website at http://blind.msstate.edu/.
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.