03/21/2019Return to view all job openings
· Assistive Technology Specialist Instructor
· Initially 20 hours/week for 6 months (with possibility of extension)
· CVRT and/or CATIS certification preferred
Reports to: Director of Rehabilitation Services
Salary: Hourly rate $20/hr
Provide clients with instruction in adaptive technology as it relates to their personal and vocational goals
1. Client Service
· Devise individual service plans and implement instruction to increase independence and confidence customized to meet individual client goals (personal or vocational).
· Conduct assessments and provide recommendations on appropriate AT software and devices.
· Record client progress notes and track client progress towards goals. Assist in gathering of client satisfaction, training outcomes, and other evaluation data as required.
· Complete necessary DHS/BBS reports and connect with counselors on behalf of clients to solicit new or fulfill vouchers (fee for service).
2. Professional Development Responsibilities
· Maintain appropriate professional certifications.
· Maintain expertise in current teaching methods, discipline knowledge, and discipline-specific Assistive Technologies and IT.
3. Participate on a Multi-disciplinary Team
· Provide case management to clients, making referrals as appropriate to other Second Sense departments as well as community services.
· Follow all Second Sense employee policies, including punctual and reliable attendance.
· Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director of Rehabilitation Services and/or the Executive Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Detailed knowledge of multiple smartphone, tablet, and other technology device platforms.
· High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Proficient using JAWS, ZoomText Fusion, NVDA, Windows Narrator, and other assistive technology software. Knowledge of Google apps (drive, docs, sheets) a plus.
· Knowledge of braille, refreshable braille devices, portable note-takers, etc. preferred.
· Strong teaching ability. Able to integrate use of technology into an individual’s need for independence as relates to daily living and/or vocational goals.
· Able to communicate with others in a clear, professional manner on the phone, through written communication and in person. Mature and professional attitude, self-directed, comfortable with decision-making and a creative problem solver.
· Effective time management and organizational skills, detail-oriented, reliable follow-through and commitment to excellence.
· Interacts effectively, respectfully and courteously with peers, executives, members/families, vendors, referral agencies and all other stakeholders in a manner that represents Second Sense positively.
Cert: Multiple Certifications
Salary negotiable according to experience and/or certification.