03/01/2019Return to view all job openings
Vocational Instructor – Assistive Technology Instructor
REPORTS TO: Director of Education and Training
JOB SUPERVISES: None
· Works with vendors in securing equipment for use in the Assistive Technology programs.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Leading Assistive Technology presentations at conferences, before the campus community, and in local community events.
· Serve as subject matter expert working with Grant Writer for new initiatives.
· Serve as backup to other Vocational Instructors.
· Participates in continuous improvement of the vocational programs offered by WSB.
· Other duties as assigned.
40 hours per week
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A Bachelor’s degree, or four years of successful employment in the field of Assistive Technology. Teaching experience, particularly in the area of blind and visually impaired in a rehabilitation setting, is preferred.
SPECIAL SKILLS NECESSARY:
· Read Braille at 10 wpm.
· Proficiency in JAWS, ZoomText, Microsoft Office, Windows OS, Mac OS, and smart phone accessibility.
· Familiarity of Fusion, NVDA, Narrator, and braille note takers and displays.
· Familiarity of low vision aids.
· Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
· Ability to prepare lesson plans.
· JAWS Certification
· Zoom Text Certification
· NVDA Certification
Phone: 501-664-7100 Christie Newsom
Cert: Any Certification