03/09/2021Return to view all job openings
Orientation and Mobility Instructor for the Visually Impaired - We offer room for growth and the chance to be a part of an organization that makes a difference.
We are a growing nonprofit company based in Fresno, Visalia, and Bakersfield that offers its employees growth potential, the opportunity to use your skills creatively, the chance to make a real difference in someone’s life, and competitive benefits.
The Company: Since 1973, Valley Center for the Blind has been helping people with vision loss build skills to live independently and reach their goals. We are focused on a healthy work/life balance and are known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
· Our company spirit is empowering, hardworking and goal focused.
· We believe that every person, regardless of disability, can reach their goals given the proper instruction and support, if they are determinate and motivated.
The Position: We’re looking for an AWESOME O&M Instructor who can utilize their creativity and helpful spirit to teach valuable skills in travel safety and help with other projects for an established nonprofit.
· Change lives and have a wide variety of work experiences.
· The opportunity to be on the ground floor of building opportunities for people with vision loss in Central California
· Be a self-driven, critical thinking and helpful team player who wants to help a great group of people fulfill our mission!
· Teach Orientation and Mobility and a variety of related blindness skills to individuals with vision loss.
· Be willing to take on special projects to benefit the agency and our participants
· Certification in Orientation and Mobility preferred.
The Location: Valley Center for the Blind’s primary location is in Fresno, CA. This is a great place to live because the cost of living is dramatically reduced from most of California. Fresno is a thriving town with a variety of entertainment, shopping, and dining options, and is in close in proximity to wonderful beach and mountain destinations.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.