08/12/2022Return to view all job openings
Orientation and Mobility Instructor for the Visually Impaired - We offer room for growth and the chance to be a part of an organization that makes a difference.
We are a growing nonprofit company based in Fresno, Visalia, and Bakersfield that offers its employees growth potential, the opportunity to use your skills creatively, the chance to make a real difference in someone’s life, and competitive benefits.
The Company: Since 1973, Valley Center for the Blind has been helping people with vision loss build skills to live independently and reach their goals. We are focused on a healthy work/life balance and are known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
· Our company spirit is empowering, hardworking and goal focused.
· We believe that every person, regardless of disability, can reach their goals given the proper instruction and support, if they are determinate and motivated.
The Position: We’re looking for an AWESOME O&M Instructor who can utilize their creativity and helpful spirit to teach valuable skills in travel safety and help with other projects for an established nonprofit.
· Change lives and have a wide variety of work experiences.
· The opportunity to be on the ground floor of building opportunities for people with vision loss in Central California
· Be a self-driven, critical thinking and helpful team player who wants to help a great group of people fulfill our mission!
· Teach Orientation and Mobility and a variety of related blindness skills to individuals with vision loss.
· Be willing to take on special projects to benefit the agency and our participants
· Certification in Orientation and Mobility preferred.
The Location: Valley Center for the Blind’s primary location is in Fresno, CA. This is a great place to live because the cost of living is dramatically reduced from most of California. Fresno is a thriving town with a variety of entertainment, shopping, and dining options, and is in close in proximity to wonderful beach and mountain destinations. For this position, it may be advantageous for the candidate to live in the Tulare County area as it is the most central in our service area.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.