10/02/2018Return to view all job openings
Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI)
Washington, DC Metro Region – Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind is hiring a Teacher of the Visually Impaired for local public school districts. This job opportunity is itinerant and will require reliable transportation. We are looking for someone who is flexible and willing to work with any age groups. Ages range from 3 to 18 years old and caseload could be between 3 to 6 school sites.
This can be a full time, part time or consulting position with a continuing caseload. Position will remain open until filled.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Teach visually impaired students in an individual and/or group setting
· Instruct core curriculum including Expanded Core and grade level content standards
· Develop, review and evaluate individualized educational plan (IEP)
· Observe and respond to environmental stimuli
· Conduct evaluations and assessments to determine developmental status and academic status
· Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings and IEP meetings
· Coordinating youth programs such as seasonal activities and enrichment services
· Manage classroom resources
· Bachelor’s degree in Special Education or related field required;
· Must be able to obtain Board approved Vision Certification from area states/territory (DC, MD and VA).
· Experience teaching students with Cortical Visual Impairment, preferred
· Knowledge of Assistive Technology
· Strong Braille skills
· Department of Education certification with Visual Impairment endorsement
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cert: Any Certification