05/17/2018Return to view all job openings
- Ensure LVS are marketed effectively to all community constituents.
- Receives referrals from ophthalmologists, optometrists, primary care physicians, and other sources for low vision rehabilitation.
- Evaluates the client’s functional vision and activities of daily living skills.
- Develops plan of care with client.
- Provides training in adaptive techniques and equipment to increase client’s independence.
- Completes all necessary documentation to meet Medicare, NAC, and ISO requirements including evaluation reports, plan of care, progress reports, discharge reports, and daily OT notes.
- Speaks at presentations concerning major causes of vision impairment in senior adults and Alphapointe services
- Assists with monthly report to the Director of Rehabilitation and Education that includes numbers served and anticipated revenue.
- Collaborates with other community agencies and makes referrals as needed.
- Manages provider participation with various insurance companies.
- Assists in program design and preparation of agency literature concerning
- senior adult services.
- Maintain licensure in both KS & MO
- Supervises OTR and OTA students as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required in Occupational Therapy, Master’s degree preferred.
- Required 3 years of responsible direct client contact in Occupational Therapy.
- OTR supervisory experience preferred.
- AOTA Specialty Certification in Low Vision strongly preferred.
- Preferred experience includes working with senior adults and/or visually impaired clients
- Considerable local travel. Out-of-state travel for training purposes may occur.
Applications can be submitted on our website by visiting www.alphapointe.org/employment.