03/23/2018Return to view all job openings
The SD School for the Blind and Visually Impaired is seeking the service of a K-12 Special Education Instructor. This is a full-time, 9-month position that reports to the Principal. Workday begins at 10:00 a.m. Monday through Friday.
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. South Dakota Teacher’s Certificate with endorsement in visual impairment and special education. (If not certified in visual impairment, must be willing to become certified within three years of employment.)
3. Able to secure the subject area endorsement if needed.
4. Experience in teaching Special Education.
5. Knowledge of student evaluation and assessments.
6. Good interpersonal skills.
7. Good writing and organizational skills.
1. Master’s Degree
2. Knowledge of expanded core curriculum (Assistive Technology, Career Education, and Independent Living Skills).
3. Experience working with students with vision loss.
1. Develop and monitor student IEPs for each assigned child.
2. Serve as Case Teacher for assigned students.
3. Plan and implement educational program using appropriate curricula, materials and methods.
4. Monitor student progress and revise materials and instruction to meet individual student needs.
5. Participate as a full member of the educational team.
6. Service on education related school committees.
Comments: Incumbent will be required to undergo a background investigation before employment begins. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment. Incumbent will be required to provide documentation of MMR vaccination. Benefit package includes: paid health and life insurance for employee; retirement plans; sick leave; paid holidays.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Application Process: Online Employment Process: http://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. This employment site will guide you through the electronic application form, as well as allow attachments of the cover letter, resume, references, transcripts, etc. Make certain you receive a confirmation number to assure you have completed the process.
For additional information or if you need special accommodations to facilitate your application, please contact SDSBVI at (605) 626-2580. AA/EOE
Phone: Jodi Carlsgaard
Cert: Multiple Certifications