Helen Keller National Center
11/29/2023Return to view all job openings
Salary Range:$51,325.00 To 56,457.50 Annually
Essential Duties and/or Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Assess, through dialogue with consumer and team, the consumer’s training priorities
- Actively collaborate with team (including consumer) to design trans-disciplinary training activities, implement individualized program, and evaluate progress through debriefing and dialogue to identify further learning opportunities.
- Communicates consumer’s training priorities/ short and long term goals .
- Work with the team to ensure adaptive technology training supports the vocational goal.
- Actively participates in Community of Practice (COP) of choice in order to support learning of peers, contribute articles, experiences and challenges.
- Plans and provides individualized adaptive technology training both in person and virtually when needed.
- Records progress and submits scheduled written reports and individualized training plans on a timely basis.
- Recommends appropriate materials and equipment respective of consumer’s strengths and preferences.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor degree with 2-3 years or more of experience working with DeafBlind, Deaf and/or blind consumers in Assistive Technology field.
- Proficiency in braille and/or ASL preferred.
*Applicants may opt to accept this position as a No-Frills employee. No-frills employees receive an additional 10% premium on the hourly rate of pay, but do not participate in the Union Health Insurance Plan. Individuals seeking a No-frills position must show they have alternative insurance to be eligible.