09/21/2023Return to view all job openings
Have a passion for assisting others with living their best life? Have experience with vision loss and teaching?
Valley Center for the Blind is looking for awesome people who want to make a difference as instructors for the visually impaired. Help people with vision loss set and reach their goals through specialized methods of instruction and support in a underserved community.
Orientation and Mobility Instructor for the Visually Impaired - We offer room for growth and the chance to be a part of an organization that makes a difference.
We are a growing nonprofit company based in Fresno, Visalia, and Bakersfield that offers its employees growth potential, the opportunity to use your skills creatively, the chance to make a real difference in someone’s life, and competitive benefits.
The Company: Since 1973, Valley Center for the Blind has been helping people with vision loss build skills to live independently and reach their goals. We are focused on a healthy work/life balance and are known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
· Our company spirit is empowering, hardworking and goal focused.
· We believe that every person, regardless of disability, can reach their goals given the proper instruction and support, if they are determinate and motivated.
The Position: We’re looking for an AWESOME O&M Instructor who can utilize their creativity and helpful spirit to teach valuable skills in travel safety and help with other projects for an established nonprofit.
· Change lives and have a wide variety of work experiences.
· The opportunity to be on the ground floor of building opportunities for people with vision loss in Central California
· Be a self-driven, critical thinking and helpful team player who wants to help a great group of people fulfill our mission!
· Teach Orientation and Mobility and a variety of related blindness skills to individuals with vision loss.
· Certification in Orientation and Mobility preferred.
The Location: Valley Center for the Blind’s primary location is in Fresno, CA. This is a great place to live because the cost of living is dramatically reduced from most of California. Fresno is a thriving town with a variety of entertainment, shopping, and dining options, and is in close in proximity to wonderful beach and mountain destinations. For this position, it may be advantageous for the candidate to live in the Tulare County area as it is the most central in our service area.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $92,000.00 per year
Work Location: Center Based, In Home, and In Community Services are all Typical
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. To discuss the role, please call VCB's Director of Rehabilitation, Stella Woodall, at 559-222-4447.