Helen Keller National Center
09/12/2023Return to view all job openings
This is a flexible hour position with shifts that can start and end later to meet the needs of individuals on the west coast. A Saturday shift may be a possibility for a participant who works during the week.
Evaluation and training will be provided through virtual instruction using video conferencing (i.e.: Zoom), or other remote means of video communications (i.e., Video Phone, FaceTime). Support for HKNC on-campus/in person program will also be required as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluates the consumer’s ability to participate in virtual evaluation and training upon referral.
- Assess the adaptive technology needs of individuals who are referred for virtual services to HKNC, recommending appropriate platforms and technology and training based on preferences, vocational and life goals.
- Provide training as recommended by the assessment on software and hardware configurations including screen enlargement programs, screen readers, electronic braille displays, MS Office applications, smart phone technology, tablets among others.
- Develop relationships with assistive/adaptive technology companies and refer these relationships to TRIC coordinator for further development.
- Actively participates in Community of Practice (COP) in order to support learning of peers,
contribute articles, experiences and challenges.
- Support HKNC staff with adaptive technology trainings.
- Maintain effective case notes and complete reports as directed by supervisor and team. .
- Other recordkeeping may be required as directed by supervisor.
- Adaptive technology equipment maintenance and upkeep required
- Responsible for other duties as may be assigned or requested by his/her immediate supervisor and/or the Director of the Department.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree with 2-3 years or more of experience working with DeafBlind, Deaf and/or blind consumers in Adaptive Technology field or related field with strong technology skills.
Proficiency in braille and/or ASL preferred.
- PTO, Paid Sick Time, Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Short Term Disability/ Life Insurance
- 403b Program with Employer Match
- Tuition Assistance
- Career Advancement Opportunities
*No-frills positions are those that receive an additional 10% premium on the hourly rate of pay, but do not participate in the Union Health Insurance Plan. Individuals seeking a No-frills position must show they have alternative insurance to be eligible.