09/08/2023Return to view all job openings
Working at Envision means having a job that’s more than just a way to make money. It's a job that makes a difference.
We offer team members:
- Careers with purpose
- Teamwork environment
- Amazing 401K Retirement Plan
- Envision Paid Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA Plans
- 10 Paid Holidays
- PTO & Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Optometric Clinic Coordinator is a multi-faceted role responsible for coordinating daily patient activities for the Envision Dallas Vision Rehabilitation Clinic, its providers, and the Envision Everyday store on site. Daily tasks will vary from processing referrals, to setting and confirming appointments, to creating and preparing charts, performing insurance verification, and processing patient copays, as well as direct patient care to include performing intake, pretest, and specialty instrument testing such as visual field, and SLO; assisting the doctor with patient care, ordering specialty glasses or devices, maintaining supplies, following up with patient progress, and other coordination of care processes to ensure the patient has a high quality experience from start to finish. The Optometric Clinic Coordinator must also ensure and maintain compliance with HIPAA, CMS, Texas Workforce Commission, grant funding requirements, and other regulatory guidelines and regulations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Prepare exam rooms for patient care by stocking supplies and setting up and maintaining necessary equipment.
- Take preliminary patient history and chart physician services as directed. Perform patient testing as instructed by physician. Testing includes but is not limited to the following: Scanning Laser Ophthalmoscope, Octopus Visual Field testing and iCare tonometry.
- Communicate patient needs to other clinical staff during the evaluation process; inform medical receptionist or handle the needed scheduling for follow-up appointments based on plan of care for vision rehabilitation or referral back to primary care specialist.
- Ensure that all patient questions have been answered and that they understand the treatment process.
Clinic Front End
- Under the direction of the Rehabilitation Services Manager, the clinic coordinator ensures efficient and effective daily clinic flow & non-clinical operations which includes but is not limited to taking patient phone calls & triaging needs, low vision product support, patient scheduling, checking patients in and out, verifying insurance, ensuring adequate and required patient documentation is in place prior to appointments, making reminder calls and sending reminders through the mail.
- Performs timely processing of patient referrals and authorizations, and appropriate tracking of said referrals.
- Creates and updates patients’ electronic medical records.
- Facilitates calls for medical information from doctors’ offices.
- Promotes excellent customer service throughout clinic and all levels of staff while maintaining a professional workplace.
- Supports the Rehabilitation Services Manager by pulling necessary reports from various electronic systems to be utilized in business decisions, grant reporting, huddles, etc.
Billing and Insurance
- Supports revenue cycle management by performing local tasks that may include but are not limited to performing calls to insurance companies for required authorizations / verifications, entering charges into practice management software, and taking payments.
- Communicate regularly with revenue cycle management to ensure that client ledgers are logged correctly and accurately according to CMS, and TWC billing guidelines.
Envision Everyday Store
- Assists patients and customers with questions related to store inventory.
- Rings out sales.
- Prepares supplies for future patient appointments.
- Supports the Rehabilitation Services Manager with store supplies and ordering, performing annual inventory.
- Maintains complete confidentiality of medical, financial, and proprietary data and information.
- Ensures organization of both hard copy files and electronic files for clinic materials such as policies, procedures, forms, licenses, etc.
- Ensures patient satisfaction, including troubleshooting when there is a complaint.
- Assists the Rehabilitation Services Manager in identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining clinic procedures, policies and process improvements.
- Perform deposit preparation for Envision Dallas Rehabilitation Clinic.
- Coordinates logistics for internal and external tours
- Attends team meetings and performs all team and organizational training in a timely manner.
- Assists with special projects, as assigned.
- Personifies and promotes Envision’s core values of integrity, curiosity, passion, initiative, teamwork, and excellence.
- Supports the Rehabilitation Services Manager in employee development and engagement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (List as required or preferred)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Certified Optometric Technician or Ophthalmic Technician preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in optometry or ophthalmology, as a technician, required.
- Experience with Electronic Medial Records (EMR) or optometric practice management software required; knowledge of CompuLink Advantage a plus.
- Experience in medical diagnostic coding preferred.
- Experience in clinic operations preferred.
- Retail experience and/or working with a point-of-sale system a plus.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to multi-task or switch tasks and quickly reprioritize tasks in a fast- paced clinic environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; position requires prioritizing tasks and working independently while also staying team oriented and working collaborative when needed
- Knowledge and experience with insurance and billing, and/or general accounting a plus.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA confidentiality and privacy policies required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clinicians, patients, patient’s family members, clinic staff, administration, insurance payers, referring physician offices and the public.
- Must be sensitive to patient issues and treat all patients with dignity, respect and kindness while maintaining the upmost confidentiality for each patient per Envision policy.
- Current Certified Para optometric (CPOA) or Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) preferred.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire required.
- Current American Board of Optician (ABO) or Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT) certification preferred.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 0
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: 0
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
X Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
X Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
Please apply via our website at https://www.envisionus.com/job-opportunities or follow the direct link here: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=123960&clientkey=B340A40E98C1771BD1CBA4EBCC452E45&jpt=5f45c20cb82617490404afa93adc83c0