02/06/2018Return to view all job openings
CABVI is currently seeking a Youth Service Vision Specialist. This is a full-time position reporting to the Manager of Early Childhood and Youth Services. The principal responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide individualized and support services for students with visual impairments and their families including pre-employment transition services
- Provide individual evaluation and instruction in needed skills for appropriate areas included in the Expanded Core Curriculum in the school, community, and agency setting
- Build relationships with area teachers of the visually impaired
- Assist in planning and implementation of summer programming for students
- Provide support and advocacy to families of students with visual impairments
Applicants interested in being considered for this position should meet the following requirements:
- BA or BS in special education, human services or similar field required. Master’s degree preferred; Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) or related field preferred.
- Certification in Low Vision, Vision Rehabilitation Therapy, Orientation and Mobility or Access Technology a plus.
- At least three (3) years of experience in a direct client service role in a Human Services field.
- Experience working with students with disabilities, specifically with visually impaired students strongly preferred.
- Flexibility in working with families and meeting their scheduling needs.
- Ability to travel throughout the service area in Ohio, Northern KY, and Indiana (11 counties).
- Positive attitude and sense of humor a must.
Cert: Any Certification
The Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (CABVI) is a private not-for-profit agency with a long and respected tradition of offering comprehensive services to people who are blind or visually impaired. Located just minutes from downtown Cincinnati and beautiful Northern Kentucky, CABVI offers an excellent working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Group and Supplemental Life Insurance, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, sick, and personal leave, and flexible scheduling.
Cincinnati is the 24th largest urban metropolitan area in the United States, connecting the energy and amenities of a vibrant metro region with the access and opportunities of a tight-knit community. Easily accessible from Ohio, Indiana, and Northern Kentucky, Cincinnati is the headquarters for nine Fortune 500 companies. Cincinnati boasts a robust, diverse economy with competitive advantages in aerospace, automotive, biotechnology, brand design & creative services, chemistry, financial services, IT services and consumer goods. Cincinnati is also the home to major sports teams including the Cincinnati Bengals and Cincinnati Reds. For patrons of the arts, Cincinnati’s unique and thriving arts community provides a rich tapestry of stage performances, galleries, museums, festivals, and cultural events. For more information about CABVI, please visit our website at http://www.cincyblind.org.
How to Apply…
For consideration, please complete online application and include cover letter and resume at: http://www.cincyblind.org.
CABVI is an EEO M/F/Disabled/Veteran employer.
CABVI is a Drug-Free Workplace.