Helen Keller Services
05/10/2023Return to view all job openings
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Assessing through dialogue with supervisor and training team, goals for short term training for individual consumers.
- Providing training support for the Train the Trainers professional training workshops.
- Develop relationships with adaptive technology companies and refer these relationships to TRIC coordinator for further development.
- Support HKNC staff with adaptive technology trainings.
- Maintain effective case notes and complete reports as directed and with feedback from the TRIC coordinator.
- Other recordkeeping may be required as directed by the TRIC coordinator
- Adaptive technology equipment maintenance and upkeep may be required as directed by the TRIC coordinator
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree with 2-3 years or more of experience working with DeafBlind, Deaf and/or blind consumers in Adaptive Technology or related field with strong technology skills.
Proficiency in braille and/or ASL preferred.
POSITION BENEFITS: Full time union position with benefits including:
- Fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays Off
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- 403b Program w/Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program
*No-frills positions are those that receive an additional 10% premium on the hourly rate of pay, but do not participate in the Union Health Insurance Plan. Individuals seeking a No-frills position must show they have alternative insurance to be eligible.
(516) 833-8301 Ext:268