02/28/2018Return to view all job openings
COMS ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform orientation and mobility evaluations that focus on long and short-term needs of clients.
· Design and implement a training program based on client-centered goals and evaluations.
· Complete assessment reports that include needs and strengths of the client and an estimate of the length and frequency of service necessary to meet identified needs.
· Prepare detailed written recommendations for equipment and/or services that are appropriate to the client’s needs and program plan.
· Maintain adequate records and progress reports on each individual.
· Provide consultation and support services to individuals, family and friends.
· Provide outreach, information, training, and/or act as a resource to other community organizations.
· Serve on a multi-disciplinary team to determine client independent program plans and progress in the Rehabilitation Program.
· Maintain list of community resources to make appropriate referrals as needed.
· Stay current in the field by maintaining certification and continues education through conferences and workshops; as well as provide training to other professionals.
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Phone: 407-898-2483 Ext 223
Cert: Multiple Certifications
We have exciting opportunities for professionals who are credentialed as Certified Orientation & Mobility Specialist (COMS), Certified Assistive Technology Instructional Specialist (CATIS), and Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI), Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist (CVRT), Certified Low Vision Therapist (CLVT), and Certified Occupational Therapy in Low Vision (COTA) to serve our clients living with blindness and/or vision loss.