Lighthouse of Southwest Florida, Inc.
11/16/2017Return to view all job openings
Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist / CVRT
See job description below.
If interested, please e-mail Linn Higgins at the Lighthouse of SWFL at email@example.com.
- Conduct Assessments and provide planning and teaching of Activities of Daily Living skills.
- Oversee Braille, Art, Painting and Therapeutic Leisure Classes.
- Oversee all aspects of Vision Rehabilitation Services and training to ensure that clients achieve the level of independence established by their Rehabilitation Service Plan.
- Perform assessments to evaluate client needs.
- Request, receive, inventory, store and distribute instructional materials, aids and appliances used in teaching.
- Develop group and individual instructional objectives in the areas of personal management, home management, communications, sensory development and leisure activities.
- Provide outreach programs and itinerant services.
- Maintain working knowledge of trends in Vision Rehabilitation.
- Create lesson plans, schedule classes and update curriculum.
- Work with all other instructors to ensure continuity of services.
- Complete all necessary notes, reports, paperwork in a timely manner.
- Other duties as may be required.
- Comply with NAC standards in regard to Rehabilitation instruction.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum requirement of a Master’s Degree in Rehabilitation or related field
- Three (3) years of experience in the field of Vision Rehabilitation
- Executive Director is free to waive these requirements with the approval of the Board of Directors.
· Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
· Excellent inter-personal skills
- Knowledge of implications of blindness and other disabilities
- Ability to use good judgment and have an empathetic understanding of clients
- Flexibility and creativity in training and programming, handling needs as they arise
- Possess initiative and ability to work independently
- Professional maturity and positive attitude
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Maintain high standards of professional behavior
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist
· Pass Level II background check
Benefits of employment at Lighthouse of SWFL, Inc.:
· Four- day work week
· Health insurance covered at 100% (for employee)
· Paid vacation and sick time, plus paid week between Christmas and New Year’s
· Trainings/Conferences for CEUs paid 100%
Salary Range: $40,000 - $57,000 (based on qualifications)