Lighthouse of SWFL
01/24/2022Return to view all job openings
Since 1974, Lighthouse of Southwest Florida has provided vision rehabilitation, education, independent life skills, and job training to thousands of people with low vision and blindness and their families.
The Lighthouse of Southwest Florida is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Program Services Supervisor - Instructor
- Ensure appropriate operational monitoring of programs, supervision of program staff, contract and grant fulfillment and compliance, and program development to provide support to clients who are experiencing blindness or vision impairment.
- Responsible for organizing, planning and providing specialized training services for blind and visually impaired infants through adults.
- Provide leadership for the development, implementation, fulfillment and promotion of the organization’s mission, vision, strategic plan, and annual goals in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer. Lead team to continually strive for excellence in quality programs and customer service.
- Cultivate an organizational culture within the program area that reflects the agency’s philosophy and values.
- Supervise instructional staff in Blind Babies, Children’s Program, Transition, Orientation and Mobility, Low Vision, and Certified Vision Rehabilitation, including conducting performance evaluations, coaching and discipline as necessary.
- Assists the Management Team to develop the organization’s Annual Operational Plan and Budget by providing budget information related to programming.
- Manage program budget and approve program purchases.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with the program staff and management team.
- Complete program-related reporting to funding agencies.
- Case Management of client caseload.
- Perform functional vision assessments with the infants/children, as needed.
- Obtain and interpret eye/medical reports as they relate to educational environments.
- Contribute to appropriate portions of the Family Support Plan or Individualized Educational Plan, including goals and special considerations due to visual impairment, for infants/children on caseload.
- Recommend appropriate service delivery plans, ancillary support services, equipment, time frames.
- Assist in determining the eligibility of visually impaired infants/children.
- Participate in transition planning for entrance into pre-school.
- Participate in the developmental assessments of visually impaired students as needed and requested.
- Provide vision component of Early Intervention Services to eligible infants and toddlers. Participate as a member of the multi-disciplinary team for each child on caseload.
- Provide training in recreational and daily living skills to visually impaired students in cooperation with the County school systems and Early Intervention Systems.
- Provide parent and family training and counseling as necessary.
- Provide written reports, as required by the Lighthouse of SW Florida.
- Attend program and staff meetings as required for Lighthouse of SW Florida.
- Assist in providing educational presentations to agencies who are serving our clients and community partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Vision Rehab, Orientation & Mobility, Education, Social Work, Psychology or related discipline required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Word)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- VIISA, INSITE, ITDS required for work with clients age 0-5.
- State certification in teaching visually impaired children and youth with strong early education background preferred.
- CVRT, CLVT, and/or COMS certification required for work with adults.
- Agency Hours: 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM Mon – Thurs. Occasional weekends.
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100%) - for eligible employees
- 401(k) and company match
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays - including Christmas Day through New Year's Day
- Continuing education opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Apply online at Indeed.com. No phone calls please.