Lighthouse of SWFL
05/19/2022Return to view all job openings
Since 1974, Lighthouse of Southwest Florida has provided vision rehabilitation, education, independent life skills, and job training to thousands of people with low vision and blindness and their families.
The Lighthouse of Southwest Florida is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Create lesson plans, teach and facilitate group classes, individual sessions, and related program events that are designed to help the student move from school to post – secondary education, vocational education, and integrated employment.
- Accept and process referrals from DBS.
- Conduct initial intakes and assessments with all new students as well as plan review and plan revisions for existing students.
- Develop curriculum-based modules to prepare the students for post-secondary education, vocational education or integrated employment.
- Schedule and coordinate group and individual sessions for the students in relation to their post high-school needs.
- Review and ensure program and curricula meet contract requirements.
- Through instruction, empower students to utilize skills in the following expanded core curriculum domains: assistive technology; career education; compensatory; independent living; recreation and leisure; orientation and mobility; self-determination; sensory efficiency; and social interaction.
- Work with all other instructors/program staff to ensure continuity of services.
- Coordinate with outside resources to enhance services for the students by providing opportunities for community integration, job shadowing, job readiness, job coaching and work experiences.
- Coordinate services in conjunction with the goals of the students’ IEP plans (via school) and IPE plans (via DBS).
- Coordinate and implement extended day, overnight and summer camp activities to best enhance the services for the student.
- Oversee budget expenses for Transition program, following agency policies and procedures for purchasing and expense control.
- Employee is required to appear for work at the office location, or at client locations as scheduled, during work hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certification in Orientation and Mobility, Teacher of Visually Impaired, Low Vision and/or Vision Rehabilitation required.
- Must maintain professional accreditations, licensing and/or continued education as required.
Agency Hours: 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM Mon – Thurs. Occasional weekends.
Health, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100%) - for eligible employees
401(k) and company match
Paid vacation, sick and holidays - including Christmas Day through New Year's Day
Continuing education opportunities
Apply online at Indeed.com. No phone calls please.