06/23/2021Return to view all job openings
Iowa Educational Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Educational Technology Specialist
Send resume, cover letter, transcripts, and any copies of any credentials, etc to Human Resources; IESBVI; 3501 Harry Langdon Blvd.; Council Bluffs, IA 51503-7898. Or contact Human Resources by Phone: 712-366-0571; email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. View general school information and job description on web page: https://www.iowa-braille.k12.ia.us/
Provide leadership in the development of strategic approaches to integrate technology into teacher instruction based on current best practices, emerging research and innovation. Create, facilitate, and deliver high quality professional development to teaching staff in the use of technology (hardware and software) to support teaching. Identify appropriate technology – especially educational technology - for all types of professional and classroom needs. Collaborate with agency administrators, staff, and outside partners to determine new technology needs.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work collaboratively with colleagues to design, develop, and deliver educational technology initiatives that align with the mission of the school and needs of employees, especially the itinerant teaching staff.
2. Researches and evaluates new technologies, initiatives, and trends to enhance teaching, learning, and student services.
3. Develops training content and facilitates professional development sessions to support effective use of new and existing technologies.
4. Creates training materials to accommodate self-learners and provides resources for staff.
5. Provide educational workshops and teacher consulting to solve challenges to support teaching and learning tools.
6. Build and maintain effective relationships with consultants and assists with the development of content that supports what students need to learn.
7. Provide support for employees in the use of adopted (academic) technologies.
8. Work with vendors and others to resolve complex issues with instructional tools.
9. Assist in maintaining and updating the school’s webpage and social media outlets.
10. Function as a liaison between regional directors, IESBVI staff, and IT department to ensure coordination of technology tools supporting curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
11. Assess levels of teacher technology understanding, skills, and integration with their work.
12. Recommend hardware, software, and related resources.
13.Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in training and development, education, instructional design, or related field. Other education in instructional technology or equivalent work experience preferred. Prefer experience working in a K-12 school setting, knowledge of online learning platforms, Google apps, Windows, mobile devices, and use of distance technology for training. Demonstration of excellent communication skills – written and in person. Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Applicant must have satisfactory criminal history and abuse registry background checks before hire.
Salary and Benefits: Annual salary range: $51,842 - $78,587. Full comprehensive benefits package available, including use of laptop and cell phone to complete work duties.
Work Schedule: This is a regular, 12 month Full-time position; including occasional evening and weekend hours. Some overnight travel throughout the state.
Application Deadline: Applications accepted until position is filled.
IESBVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. A Board of Regents, State of Iowa School
Cert: Any Certification