07/26/2019Return to view all job openings
· Certified Orientation & Mobility Specialist (COMS)
· Position is partially center-based with travel throughout Chicago and surrounding suburbs as required by client goals. Use of own car required.
Provide clients with orientation and mobility instruction to maximize independence, safety, and confidence when traveling.
1. Client Service
· Conduct assessments for clients' Orientation and Mobility needs in the home, work and community environment. Work with the client to develop an individual training plan to meet the clients' goals.
· Provide instruction in sighted guide, protective techniques indoor travel, outdoor travel and travel on public transit.
· Instruct clients in the use of low vision equipment, such as a monocular, and technology, such as GPS, used for travel.
· Record client progress notes and track client progress toward goals in Apricot database. Assist in gathering client satisfaction, training outcomes, and other evaluation data as required.
· Maintain all proper document to comply with contract/grant requirements and agency procedures.
2. Education and Experience
· Master's or Bachelor's degree in Orientation and Mobility from an accredited university required.
· National professional certification required and must be maintained throughout employment.
· Two years of professional experience preferred.
3. Participate on a multi-disciplinary team.
· Provide case management to clients, making referrals as appropriate to other Second Sense departments as well as other community services.
· Foster effective and professional communication within Second Sense as well as within the community.
· Contribute to the effectiveness of the Second Sense by completing all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Strong teaching ability.
· Experience instructing current adaptive technology as relates to orientation & mobility.
· Able to communicate with others in a clear, understandable, professional manner on the phone, through written communication and in person.
· Mature and professional attitude: self-directed, organized, detail oriented with decision-making and problem-solving ability
· Effective time management and organizational skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, reliable follow through and commitment to excellence.
· Interacts effectively with peers, executives, members/families, vendors and referral agencies in a manner that represents Second Sense positively