04/04/2019Return to view all job openings
Vocational Services Director
The Conklin Center for the Blind is seeking a Director of Vocational Services to oversee all community based services and to serve as the community liaison, as well as oversee program requirements, successful accomplishment of outcomes and program expansion. The Director of Vocational Services is accountable for deliverables included in the Center’s contracts and other commitments to funders as they relate to the Center’s programs including but not limited to, work experience placements, employment outcomes, supported living and funder-specific regulations including Medicaid Waiver Assurances.
Since 1979 the Conklin Center’s mission has been to help adults who are blind or visually impaired with additional disabilities become independent and contributing citizens. On average, 85% of graduates annually become employed, live in homes of their own choosing or continue their education. Our services include: Independent Living, Financial Literacy, Employment, Assistive Technology, and Orientation & Mobility. We are seeking an experienced vocational professional who shares our passion for providing services to our clients.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Provides direct supervision to all community-based programs including, the Supervisor of Supported Living Services, Supervisor of Employment Services and the Vocational Evaluator.
· Monitors staff and evaluations to ensure that the Center is compliant with the goals, terms and requirements of relevant contracts and agreements with funders including the Division of Blind Services and Medicaid Waiver.
· Ensures that staff receives all training necessary to successfully accomplish position requirements.
· Evaluates training opportunities for staff development and ensures attendance at required trainings.
· Ensures all outcomes are being met at the highest level.
· Evaluates and monitors program outcomes, satisfaction and consumer feedback surveys.
· Participates in and serves as chairperson for individualized planning and program review meetings for students in residential and community-based programs.
· Participates in the referral process, coordinates and provides intake services, and services with community agencies.
· Serves as advocate and case manager for individual students.
· Master’s degree in social work, psychology, education, rehabilitation or in a related field.
· Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist (CVRT) required.
· Extensive experience in the field required.
· Knowledge and experience working with people with disabilities.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.?????
· Medical Benefit (100% for employee)
· Dental Benefit (100% for employee)
· Vision Benefit (100% for employee)
· Employer paid Life and AD&D Benefit.
· Employer paid 401K, 3% with no match required.
· Generous Paid Time Off
· Team Environment
We are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation, disability or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state and local laws.