01/11/2019Return to view all job openings
Functions and Percentage of Time:
1. The learning expert is responsible for the deliberate planning, monitoring, and regulating of learning processes towards self-directed mastery of learning objects. (40%)
· provides timely (same day, if possible), positive and accurate support/feedback to the learner
· demonstrates a high level of enthusiasm for the content area
· facilitates the learner’s journey by providing guidance related to additional Hadley learning objects and learner-centered community forums
· produces and moderates weekly/bi-weekly discussion groups that create learning communities that promote knowledge co-construction
· provides learners with relevant information and referral options inclusive of external federal, state and local community resources
2. Maintains up-to-date, accurate records and submits all needed reports in a timely manner to contribute to the accuracy of the record-keeping system. (10%)
· effectively uses ESS and the new Hadley learner reporting system
· maintains learner-related logs/notes
· clears follow-up reminders within five business days
3. Contributes to learning object development, enrichment, review, and/or revision to maintain high quality and engaging learning opportunities. (40%)
· serves as primary subject matter source, researcher and author for the revision and/or development of new learning objects
· continuously monitors learning objects for accuracy and relevance
· creates and maintains accurate and relevant supplemental resource materials
4. Participates in committee work, special projects or other duties as assigned by supervisor to achieve organizational goals. (5%)
· collaborates interdepartmentally regarding projects that help advance the organization’s goals and initiatives
· participates in outreach activities that may include presentations to learner groups or community partners
· actively participates in Hadley Professional Learning Communities (PLCs)
5. Follows an effective plan of continuing education to provide for professional growth and enrichment. (5%)
· maintains relevant certifications/endorsements
· reviews literature relevant to areas of professional expertise
· participates in relevant internal/external professional development opportunities (conferences, coursework) that contribute to professional growth related to the position
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
· Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail, achieving high performance goals and meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders including learners, learning experts, learning advisors and other staff, and the drive to find ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
· Affable, warm personality. Respectful, collegial, professional and service oriented.
· Confident public speaker.
· Emotional maturity and demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving.
· Highly resourceful and creative team player with the ability to be effective independently.
· Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and Zoom Conferencing Platform.
· Commitment to the rehabilitation needs of older adults with vision loss.
· Enjoys interacting with and instructing groups of learners, both in
person and online.
Education and Experience
· Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist (CVRT), other certification/degree relevant to the area of instruction. (Masters of Occupational Therapy or Masters of Education) (Advance degree preferred)
· Braille Proficiency
· Experience working with adults who have vision loss
· Experience developing multi-media, multi-platform educational modules.
· Experience using social media to facilitate training objectives.
· Availability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekends to meet learner needs.