03/09/2021Return to view all job openings
Instructor for the Visually Impaired - We offer room for growth and the chance to be a part of an organization that makes a difference.
We are a growing nonprofit company based in Fresno, Visalia, and Bakersfield that offers its employees growth potential, the opportunity to use your skills creatively, the chance to make a real difference in someone’s life, and competitive benefits.
The Company: Since 1973, Valley Center for the Blind has been helping people with vision loss build skills to live independently and reach their goals. We are focused on a healthy work/life balance and are known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
· Our company spirit is empowering, hardworking and goal focused
· We believe that every person, regardless of disability, can reach their goals given the proper instruction and support and their determination.
The Position: We’re looking for some AWESOME instructors who can utilize their creativity and helpful spirit to teach a variety of subjects at a new, developing second location for an established nonprofit.
· Change lives and have a wide variety of work experiences.
· The opportunity to be on the ground floor of building opportunities for people with vision loss in Bakersfield, California
· Be a self-driven, critical thinking and helpful team player who wants to help a great group of people fulfill our mission!
· Teach a variety of blindness skills to individuals with vision loss including Assistive Technology, Independent Living Skills, and Work Readiness
· Certification in Orientation and Mobility not required but WAY TO GO if you’ve got this too!
The Location: Valley Center for the Blind’s second location is in Bakersfield, California. This is a great place to live because the cost of living is dramatically reduced from most of California, Bakersfield is a thriving town with a variety of entertainment, shopping, and dining options, and is in close in proximity to wonderful beach and mountain destinations.
Why Should You Apply?
· Change lives by helping people find hope and reach their goals
· Flexible Hours
· Opportunities for growth and creativity
· Competitive Benefits
This position may be full time or part time.
Cert: Any Certification
CATIS or CVRT Preferred but not required.
We are looking to hire for this position as soon as possible and are happy to discuss what you are looking for. Please apply today by emailing us your resume and cover letter!