10/03/2018Return to view all job openings
- Perform low vision assessments and subsequent training to support all Lighthouse Low Vision Clinic locations. Collaborate with all OT staff to optimize communication regarding client needs and plans for services across locations.
- Perform off-site assessments and training throughout the Lighthouse territory, as needed.
- Accurately document all services in Apricot in a timely manner to comply with multiple funding sources and to maintain good communication with Lighthouse staff and referring Physicians.
- Recommend adapted equipment and magnification devices to clients as needed, and complete subsequent documentation to comply with the appropriate funding source.
- Supervise the Clinic Facilitator to ensure efficient systems for managing referrals, intakes, scheduling, uploads, and file audits to guarantee the quality of services and the integrity of the client files in Apricot. Conduct daily monitoring and communication with the Clinic Facilitator to oversee such systems and ensure productivity. Conduct frequent visual assessments of each system to ensure that they are running smoothly as designed.
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to develop comprehensive plans of care for all clients served.
- Assist New Vision and Next Step programs when needed to enhance the lesson plan and provide specialized instruction.
- Collaborate with team members to develop and execute successful adult and youth programs.
- Support the needs of Lighthouse employees with disabilities by conducting assessments and training as needed to enhance efficiency, productivity, and safety on the job. Consult with management staff to resolve identified challenges as requested.
- Participate in education and advocacy events to promote inclusion for people with vision impairment. Provide sensitivity training to community partners and in-services to internal staff on topics relevant to Vision Rehabilitation. Conduct annual lectures to students in various fields of medicine to promote Low Vision rehabilitation.
- Stay informed of changes and improvements in the field of Vision Rehabilitation to guarantee the provision of optimal services to clients, to support program development, and to promote the growth of the organization.
- Foster a team environment with effective communication and a coordinated approach to providing vision rehabilitation services.
- Follow all VRS expectations, policies, and procedures.
- Follow all ISO procedures as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Department Head.
- Education: Degree in occupational therapy with license to practice in Louisiana required. Additional Certification in Low Vision Rehabilitation preferred.
- Special Knowledge/Skills: Skilled with the assessment and treatment of geriatric patients required. Experience with patients who are blind or visually impaired preferred. Experience conducting low vision assessments and training preferred. Proficiency in the use of Office software products and the internet required.
- Experience: At least three years of clinical practice, at least 2 years’ experience working with geriatric patients.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: LVC Clinic Facilitator and COTA.
- Physical: Functional vision required to manage paperwork and assist blind staff. Must be energetic and able to function in a dynamic office setting. Must be able to tolerate driving in all conditions for extended periods to support travel between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Must be able to tolerate sitting at a computer for extended periods. Able to travel throughout the facility to safely and effectively manage all work responsibilities, breaks, and emergency evacuations, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Able to manage all self-care needs and activities of daily living as required to support successful employment, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Personality Traits: Maintain professional appearance and attitude appropriate to the position. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to respond to directions and suggestions. Ability to assume responsibility for project completion. Ability to work independently and with a team. Ability to maintain focus on work in a dynamic environment. Ability to solve problems effectively and demonstrate good attention to detail.
- Working Conditions: clinic, classroom, worksite, community venues, and home settings; some travel required
- Work Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours, Monday – Friday / Exempt.
- Background Check and Drug Test Required: Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results.
Lighthouse Louisiana is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
SALARY OFFERED: Depends on experience
BENEFITS OFFERED: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Employer Paid Basic Life, Voluntary Life, Short and Long-Term Disability, 403B Retirement, Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Visit our website at http://lighthouselouisiana.org/work-with-us#lighthouse-jobs
· Deadline to Apply – Open until filled
· Upload your resume and proof of certification
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 504-899-4501, x229 or email@example.com for assistance.