10/02/2018Return to view all job openings
Since 1900, Columbia Lighthouse (CLB) for the Blind's mission has been promoting independence for people who are blind or visually impaired. We provide a comprehensive range of programs and services for the nearly 180,000 people in Maryland, DC and Virginia who are blind or visually impaired. We are seeking an experience rehabilitation professional who shares our passion for providing services to our clients.
Orientation & Mobility Specialist (O&M)
The Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind (CLB) is seeking an Orientation & Mobility Specialist to provide individualized training to our clients who are blind or visually impaired. The O&M instructor will teach clients to travel safely and independently.
1. A degree in Orientation & Mobility or completion of certificate program through an accredited university which meets the ACVREP 13 core domain areas.
2. COMS Certification through ACVREP.
3. NOMC (National Orientation and Mobility Certification) certification is accepted.
4. Dual certification O&M and VRT or O&M and TVI preferred.
5. 1-3 years of experience in the field of blindness.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Must be familiar with the blindness community and professional resources, as well as standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the vision rehabilitation field.
2. Excellent report writing and computer skills required.
3. Working experience with databases. All case notes and reports are entered in our internal database system.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills with good judgment, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, and ability to handle confidential material.
5. Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
6. Knowledge of second language helpful but not required.
Please send resume with cover letter and salary requirement to resumes@CLB.org. No phone calls or solicitation please.
Position will remain open until filled.
CLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cert: Any Certification