|ACVREP’s Vision, Values and Purposes
Persons receiving vision rehabilitation or education will receive services from highly qualified professionals.
1. All people have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
2. All people should be empowered to exercise informed choice.
3. All people should have access to needed vision rehabilitation and education services that achieve optimal outcomes
4. All people should receive needed vision rehabilitation and education services from competent and qualified professionals.
All ACVREP programs and services are developed and implemented with the utmost integrity in accordance with these core values.
· Promoting diversity and cultural competence in all ACVREP activities and associations.
· Promoting the involvement of consumers in all organizational activities and programs.
· Enhancing the meaning, value, and importance of certification to all stakeholders, especially consumers of services.
· Improving organizational management and service delivery.
In support of its mission, vision, and values, ACVREP’s purposes are:
1. To develop and maintain current, field-driven professional scopes of practice and competencies for vision rehabilitation and education professionals that serve to promote the value and quality of services provided by ACVREP-certified professionals.
2. To recognize individual professionals who achieve certification by meeting rigorous educational and clinical practice requirements and demonstrating professional competence by passing the appropriate standardized certification assessment.
3. To ensure that ACVREP-certified professionals provide services in an ethical manner.
4. To provide consultation that supports professionals in applying for and obtaining ACVREP certification.
5. To review the quality of ACVREP approved continuing education programs to promote instructional benefit and optimal outcomes.
6. To provide education and information to consumers and other stakeholders on the value of certification.
7. To seek input and be responsive to the needs of all stakeholders.
In support of its mission, vision, values, and purposes, ACVREP’s organizational “Ends” are:
1. Individuals who receive vision rehabilitation and education services have the opportunity to achieve their maximum potential.
2. Individuals who provide vision rehabilitation and education services shall meet professional standards that effectively promote ethical practice, enhance service quality, and facilitate optimal outcomes.
3. Organizations providing vision rehabilitation and education services achieve greater organizational success through the work of individuals who have met ACVREP certification standards.